With the symbolic title “We open ways”, the restart of Greek tourism for 2021 was officially announced during a press conference held by the Minister of Tourism Mr. Haris Theocharis from Sounion last Thursday, where this year’s campaign of the Greek National Tourism Organization (GNTO) was presented by the Secretary General of the Organization Mr. Dimitris Fragakis.
“We open tomorrow with a plan to protect the health safety of all those involved in the provision of tourism services, integrated, technologically advanced and tested. We are raising a security wall with five different zones of defence, which we have presented extensively and are constantly improving, in individual details,” the Minister said.
He then detailed the five different zones of defence, which are:
- Completion of the PLF one day before departure
- Συμπλήρωση του PLF μία ημέρα πριν την αναχώρηση
- Vaccination certificate
- PCR test up to 72 hours in advance
- Certificate of recovery
- Activation of the Green Pass from 01/06
- Operation of Targeted Sampling System, based on EVA, with rapid test.
- Grid of quarantine hotels in 35 points of the territory on the basis of entry gates and cases in 2020.
- Implementation of the new activity protocols in tourism.
- Accelerate vaccination in the territory to develop a wall of protection for the general population and workers.