5th International Cultural Festival “FOLKWAY”
Join the 5th International Cultural Festival and live a unique cultural experience in Municipality of Dion-Olympus, the divine land of ancient Greek Gods “Folkway” by “Open Ways, Culture and Travel Co”
Join the 5th International Cultural Festival and live a unique cultural experience in Municipality of Dion-Olympus, the divine land of ancient Greek Gods
“Folkway” by “Open Ways, Culture and Travel Co” is welcoming you and your group to the 5th International “FOLKWAY” Cultural Festival, our 21st festival in Pieria area, which will be held from August 31st to September 4th 2023, at our beautiful homeland, and the seaside towns of South Pieria. The festival is organized by “Open Ways Culture and Travel Co” and it is the only one international cultural festival in the area under the auspices of the Region Unit of Pieria and the local Municipality, in cooperation with Greek local companies – associations, with high quality standards and great respect for tradition and culture.
South Pieria, (90 km from Thessaloniki), is located at the foot of the famous mountain Olympus and on the shores of the Thermaikos Gulf of the blue Aegean Sea – Olympus Riviera. Mountain Olympus is the first National Park in Greece designated in 1938 and declared as a “Biosphere Reserve” by UNESCO in1981. According to the mythology, the surrounding area was the land of the Twelve Greek Ancient Gods and Musses. The breathtaking scenery, pristine environment with the vivid alternations between blue and green, will excite you. The pleasant Mediterranean climate and hospitality of the people is a guarantee for a memorable stay in our area. It is an ideal tourist destination with archaeological, cultural, and environmental interest. Come and enjoy the Greek hospitality, the crystal blue sea and the bright Greek sun. The participants will also have the opportunity for sightseeing tour and for more specialized excursions such us: visit to an exhibition of “Traditional Products & Handicraft”, local events like wine tasting, traditional Greek cooking, traditional Greek dance lessons, demonstration of local history and customs.
Type of groups that can participate:
- Traditional folk-dance groups and folk song groups
Classical or Marching Bands
- Number and age of participants is not limited. Number of participating groups is limited.
- Each group should bring a flag of their country and if available, a board/banner with the name of their group.
- The group should prepare a 15-minute program accompanied by their own orchestra or music on CD/FLASH.
- Participants, if possible, should provide some photos and videos with a brief history of the group. These materials will be used for promotional, publication and advertising purposes.
- The registration form must be sent by May 30th, 2023, to confirm participation. Once we receive your registration form, a confirmation will be sent to you along with payment instructions. To secure your entry, you are required to make a payment of only 60% of the total amount by June 10th, 2023. Upon receiving your payment, an official invitation letter will be sent to you. The balance must be paid, in cash, on the day of your arrival in Pieria or 20 days prior via bank transfer.
REGISTRATION FEE – ACCOMMODATION
Participation: 30 € per person (Does not include accommodation and party)
Full Package, includes participation, accommodation and party:
- 150 € per person in 1* and 2* hotels.
- 188 € per person in 3* hotels.
- 285 € per person in 4* hotels.
The full package includes:
- 5 days (4 nights), half board (breakfast and dinner), in triple rooms and 2 doub.le for the leaders (in 4* hotels all the rooms are double), in selected quality hotels by the seaside of Pieria – Olympus Riviera in Leptokarya, Skotina, Paralia Beach, Olympic Beach. Of course, there is the possibility for prolonged stay.
- Participation in the Festival.
- Certificates, memorial gifts, photos, video.
- Participation in traditional Greek Party (food and drink) and Greek dance lessons exclusively for all the participated groups.
- Leader’s meeting (coffee –gifts – round table).
- Local delicacies and refreshments will be served during the performances.
- For groups of every 25 participants, 26th is serviced free of charge
The participation fee DOES NOT include:
- Additional days. The costs for prolonged stay are:
- 36€ per person, per day in 1-2* hotels (half board in triple rooms).
- 45€ per person, per day in 3* hotels
- 65€ per person, per day in 4* hotels (half board in double rooms).
Accommodation in double rooms in 1*2*3* hotels, in case of availability, is an additional 6€ to 9 € / person / day.
Optional Tours. Seasonal prices will be fixed according to the number of participants. Daily tours will be available at your convenience and a special list of them will be send to you one month before arrival.
First aid and emergency support will be provided, but medical services must be covered by the group. The participant’s safety is his/her personal responsibility. Groups are advised to have Medical Insurance Coverage prior to departure from their home countries.
The event will be held in compliance with all precautionary measures in accordance with the requirements of the Ministry of Health. We must also underline that all the hotels are operating under the strict rules and protocols for preventing Covid19.
We really hope that this will not be necessary and the difficult situation with Covid 19 will not exist and will be a bad memory.
Day of arrival – Check in at hotel from 02:00 p.m. Α representative of the organizers will meet you and give you a detailed schedule and all information’s needed.
A person in charge will be provided to each group.
Free time for optional activities like swimming, sports, shopping, clubbing.
Any remaining balance must be paid this day in cash.
Breakfast. Free day, from morning to noon, for a rest and optional activities. Optional specializedexcursion: Visit to a landmark venue for tasting ouzo, tsipouro, wine accompanied by a lovely meal with local products.
20:30: Experience the Greek way of parties (glenti). A welcome party with traditional Greek and European music, traditional dance lessons and gifts will be offered for free to the participated groups by the “OPENWAYS – FOLKWAY” events company. Each group will have the opportunity to dance with the other groups their own dances, accompanied by their musicians. Dinner with drinks and local delicacies will be served at the party place.
Breakfast. Free day, from morning to noon. Optional meeting and dance workshop with local Greek folk dance or music group at – on request, or Optional excursion (Sightseeing).
7:00 p.m.: Transfer from the hotel to the festival venue. You must be dressed in your traditional costumes. Gifts will be offered to the groups by the representative of the local Municipality before the performance. During the performance refreshments will be served.
10:00 a.m.: Official meeting of groups leaders with representatives of the local authorities and the Organizers (Coffee, drink and local delicacies will be served).
Optional excursion (Cruise to the beautiful Central and South Pieria coastline)
7:00 p.m.: Transfer from the hotel to the festival venue. You must be dressed in your traditional costumes. Gifts will be offered to the groups by the representative of the Municipality before the performance. During the performance refreshments will be served.
4/9/2023 (extra day):
The rest of the day is free for rest, shopping, swimming or Optional activities like an excursion in Pieria’s sightseeing (local tour visiting the most update and hip places for locals) organized by our office.
Breakfast – Departure of the groups.
- Certificates of participation will be given to each participant.
- Official invitation letter and other needed documents will be provided.
- The organizers reserve the right to alter or change the program, if needed, there will be a prior notification.
- Transfer and optional excursions offer, and booking can be given after request from the organizer.
- Litochoro Town and Hiking on Mt. Olympus
- Cruise to the amazing coastline of south Pieria
- City of Thessaloniki
- Islands Skiathos and Skopelos
- Meteora (monasteries)
- Archaeological sites of Dion and Vergina
- Traditional Greek villages
August 31 (Thursday) 9:00 am - September 4 (Monday) 11:00 pm
Patamonas Pieria Greece
“Open Ways Culture & Travel Co” is the continuation of “Propantos Event Planning Co”, a Greek company with a large experience in cultural events planning, organizes International Folklore Festivals under the title “Folkway”. Groups from more than 10 countries are participated in each of our festivals expressing their satisfaction. Also “Open Ways” is our travel agency that guarantee quality yet affordable tourism arrangements. Reliability and effectiveness are terms, which characterize our long-lasting relations with clients and providers. 17, Tsimiski str, 54624 Thessaloniki, GREECE