Embrace the heart of Greece with an artistic perspective. For art lovers and people that are fond of culture. Meet the art of Greeks from antiquity to the present and inspire your life.
Artistic MΥthic paTHS
Arts & crafts from antiquity to the present
This package suggests itineraries for artists and people who either love art and crafts or want to discover their talent. For example, mosaics, pottery, making clay objects, ancient games in a place that offers endless inspiration. It is an itinerary that ideal combines myth and legends with arts, from antiquity to the present.
Inspire by culture from antiquity to the present days, follow us on a lifelong art and craft tour in the heart of the legendary kingdom of Alexander the Great. Enrich your tour with mosaics, potteries, jewelry, ancient face masks and ancient musical instruments. Get to know the myths and legends of an area whose history dates back centuries from antiquity to the present day and has a great impact on the rest of the
world. Approach history through the arts, culture, and locals.
Prepare for endless inspiration and unique experiences. These workshops will teach you the basics and create your own pieces – souvenirs.
- The art of soul
- Arts and crafts
- Ancient musical instruments workshop Mosaic workshop
- Pottery workshop
- Jewellery workshop
- Ancient face mask workshop
- Colors workshop
- Local gastronomy
- The package highlights an aspect of this area that is less well known.
- The package aims at the protection and promotion of the cultural heritage and the arts of mosaics, ceramics, jewellery, creation of an ancient face mask, and ancient musical instruments in the SUSTAINABILITY Mediterranean region in combination with the acquaintance with the local traditions and customs.
- Guides and teachers are from the surrounding villages and in some cases are self-taught or transfer knowledge from their parents.
- The participants are small groups.
- The cooperating companies are small and family run.
- The products are mainly from the region and all the wines are from local producers
- The experiences take place in a small rural villages.
Arrival in Thessaloniki
Welcoming at Thessaloniki airport (SKG). Transfer and check-in at the hotel. Visit to the Byzantine monuments of Thessaloniki with preserved mosaic decoration (4th to 14th century) Rotοnda, Church of Agia Sophia, Basilica of Agios Dimitrios and Church of the Virgin Mary Acheiropoietos. Food tour Introduction to the gastronomy of Thessaloniki, which recently became the first Greek city to achieve its inclusion in the Network of Creative Cities of Gastronomy of Unesco. Overnight at Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki / The art of music
Visiting the ‘Ano Poli’ district. Workshop for construction of an ancient instrument. Duration 2-3 h. Lunch near the old walls in ‘Ano Poli’ at taverna with special local flavours. Free time / Overnight stay at Thessaloniki.
Paliampela village – Kitros village
We head to Pieria / Olympus area. First stop in the village of Paliampela where we visit a pottery lab and attend a workshop with a famous local professional. Duration 4h. In Kitros village, at a local winery, we have lunch with local meat dishes and the awarded wines tasting. We arrive to Litochoro village late at the afternoon. Check in at the hotel, free time and overnight.
Dion- Mosaic art: “Like an ancient”
We depart to Dion village by minivan. Guided tour of the Archaeological Park where discovered one of the most impressive mosaics in Greece, covering an area of 100 m2, known as the “House of Dionysus” mosaic, on the floor of a house built in 200 AD. In Archaeological Museum we learn for the mosaics and the ancient instrument called “Hydraulis”. First day in a Mosaic workshop for young and old, starts at the Center of Mediterranean Mosaics. (Duration 3h) (Break for snacks / natural juices). Return to Litochoro by minivan, dinner with local dishes.
Dion Village & Plaka Litochoro
Departure by minivan to Center of Mediterranean Mosaics in Dion. Second Mosaic workshop (Duration 3h) We finish our art works. We create our own souvenir. (Break for snacks / natural juices)
At the afternoon arrival to a seaside area “Plaka Litochoro”, relaxation, swimming and dinner in a local taverna with seafood.
Leivithra Archaeological Park & Traditional Villages Palei Pori and Paleos Panteleimon.
Walk tour in Litochoro, visiting Maritime Museum and Olympus National Park Information Center Departure by minivan to the Archaeological Park of Leivithra, that is considered the birthplace and burial place of Orpheus, the most famous and gifted mystic, musician, and singer of antiquity. Later we visit the traditional settlements of Palei Pori and Paleos Panteleimon (Old Panteleimon) and we attend the construction of ancient jewellery. Dinner in a local tavern under the plane trees. Overnight stay in Litochoro.
Meliki village – Veria
Departure from Litochoro village to Veria city where that located in Imathia regional unit. First stop in Meliki village. Visiting a house with a traditional loom and the Mask Research Center to attend a workshop of the ancient face mask construction. We will have a unique experience taking lunch in a traditional house local flavour, wines, cooking lessons with and musicians. Late at the afternoon we arrive at the hotel in Veria city.
Morning walk tour to the Apostle Paul tribune and the Jewish District next to Barbouta area, visiting the stone-built Synagogue with elaborate interior decoration; impressive wood carved ceilings and vivid mosaic tiles. In a small lab we meet a local artist and learn about the art of pigments from the ancient times to this day. During the afternoon workshop (duration 2n) we receive the appropriate materials (powder paint, hagiography glue, brushes, wooden frame) and create our own original souvenir. Free time for shopping and tasting the famous “ravani” sweet.
Vergina – Naoussa
Breakfast and morning transfer from Veria to Thessaloniki’s airport “Macedonia” (SKG).
The itinerary could be addressed to more professional level or to emphasize to one kind of art. Also, an ancient games workshop is available upon request.
Main type of Experience:
Number of nights:
Type of accommodation:
Green key awarded family Hotel
Guided or Self-guided tour:
Period / Dates:
Price of the package:
- For 6-10 persons the full package of 9 days the price is 1880 € per person in double room.
- For children between 10 to 12 years old, the price is 40% of the above-mentioned prices in double room with their parents.
- All kind of transportation means (eco-friendly vehicles, bikes)
- Food Tour Guide
- Museum fees
- Cooking lessons
- Wine tasting
- Tour guides (the days it is written)
- Roadbook and maps
- Touristic Insurance
- All taxes
- Air tickets
- Extra meals
- Accommodation tax per room / per night (aprox 1,50 to 4,00 €). According to the Greek Law, the Accommodation
- Tax be charged to the guest of the room through a special receipt.
Type of travelers:
Send us a message with your request
We will send you our best proposal.
- 30% prepayment of total paid amount is required for fixed-date programs at least 45 days before the program’s implementation.
- Cancellation 21 days before the implementation day, the company reserves 10% of the total payment amount
- Full payment is required before the program’s implementation.
- There is extra discount, depends on the booking time.