Mt Olympus has always challenged those who have stood before it. Home of the 12 Olympian gods, it was first scaled in 1913. Are you ready to conquer its many peaks, valleys, and ravines to face Zeus?
Live your Myth
Extreme sports from mountain to the sea
Discover the secret paths of Mt Olympus and find your place in the pantheon of the 12 gods. Hiking, trekking, mountaineering, climbing, canyoning, paragliding, diving for challenging people. Challenging activities on the mountain and the sea where the visitor will have the opportunity to get to know the attractions of the region in a unique way, organized by experienced professionals.
Outdoor activities “from the mountain to the sea” or vice versa, for sportive people that seek for challenges. Extreme sports and unlimited adrenaline in the mythical land of Mt Olympus and its coasts. Discover the hidden treasures of Mount Olympus, such as ascetics and caves, and enjoy cannoning – kayaking in the waterfalls and lakes. Dive in the sea and then “conquer” the mountain peak of Olympus “Mytikas” and seat on “Dias throne”. Authentic, unique, and divine experiences in a place that ancient Gods called “home”.
- A mountain to sea experience, a change to discover the endless green and blue of the Olympus / Pieria area.
- Extreme sports and unlimited adrenaline
- Adventure challenge
- Breath-taking ecosystem
- Eco friendly vehicles
- Guides and teachers are from the surrounding villages and in some cases are self-taught or transfer knowledge from their parents.
- The participants are small groups.
- The cooperating companies are small and family run.
- The products are mainly from the region and all the wines are from local producers
- Bike friendly and green key accommodation
- Organic and local food products
- Ecosystem protection
Arrival at Thessaloniki SKG airport.
Transfer by eco-friendly (electric or hybrid) vehicle to the hotel in the town. City sightseeing with bikes/ guided bike tour. Dinner in a Music Taverna. City of Thessaloniki recently became the first Greek city to achieve its inclusion in the Network of Creative Cities of Gastronomy of UNESCO. enjoy an authentic mountaineering meal. After a short of rest we leave with a professional guide for the highest peak of Mount Olympus, “Mytikas” (2918m) is the highest point in Greece. Overnight at dormitories in shelter.
Litochoro village-Olympus paths / Gortsia/ Petrostrouga
Early morning breakfast. Transfer to Litochoro village to visit Olympus National Park information center where we will have an introductory tour of what we are going to see next days. By minivan we arrive to the location of “Gortsia”. We start hiking. The first recognizable point of the route is “Barba”. Next stop is the cave that for many years was home of Vasilios Ithakisios, one of the great painters of Olympus. Continuing along the main path at 2000m is Petrostrouga. Overnight at dormitories in shelter enjoying the breathtaking view
and the sunset colors.
Route: Medium Difficulty (2-3) Length: 5.3klm
Duration: +/- 4 (h)
Olympus paths / Musses plateau
Route: Medium Difficulty (2) Length: 5.9klm
Duration: +/- 4 (h)
Olympus paths / Zeus Throne
Path accompanied by professional guide. The route itself revives the sacred trail ancient Greeks followed to Olympus. Two thirds of the route pass though in a wide. We wake up early in the morning and hike to the top of the prophet Elias summit, just 15 minutes away to enjoy a spectacular sunrise and the throne of Zeus that will be illuminated by the first sun light! We will return to the refuge, pack up and head to Refuge A, where we will have our breakfast. From here we need 3 more hours to ending point “Prionia”. Hiking hours: 5-7 hours Muses Plateau – Skolio summit distance: 6 km Starting point – Muses Plateau: 2650 meters Highest point: 2912 meters Gain altitude Muses Plateau – Skolio: 650 meters. Transfer by minivan to the hotel at the seaside village of Paralia Katerini. Time for relaxation / spa / interior swimming pool. Dinner and overnight in Paralia Katerini. Amazing forest. Early morning breakfast and hiking to the “Muses Plateau”. Description of the route: Petrostrouga – “Skourta” peak (2485 m) – “Laimos” – “Muses Plateau” – “Giosos Apostolidis” shelter where we
Route: Medium Difficulty (2) Length: 5.9klm
Duration: +/- 6 (h)
Meet Poseidon / Water Sports.
Poseidon was the Ancient God of the sea. After breakfast we have a free time and a lazy day on the beach. You spend your time as you prefer, optional with diving, water sport activities or only relaxation, gym time, hydromassage, sauna. Dinner at the hotel at Paralia Katerini and overnight stay.
Mt Olympus / Canyoning
Breakfast and transfer to Orlias waterfalls where our canyoning experience will take place. Non-stop fun in the heart of Mt Olympus. Lunch in traditional taverna in Varikos. Back to hotel. Free time for leisure afternoon on the beach with optional sport activities or relaxation. Dinner and overnight at the hotel in Paralia Katerini.
Route: Easy. No previous canyoning experience is required.
Duration: +/-5 (h)
Traditional Village of Old Panteleimon / Palei Pori / Paragliding
We depart by minivan to the traditional settlement of Paleos Panteleimon (Old Panteleimon). The most daring has the opportunity for the amazing experience of paragliding. Fly over the high peaks of
Mount Olympus and land on magnificent beaches at the endless coasts of the Olympus riviera. Return to the traditional village for orienteering sport. Walking, purchase of traditional products and souvenirs and lunch with local dishes under the plane trees. Return to hotel for relaxation and dinner.
Route: Low Difficulty
Duration: 6 – 7 (h)
Olympus-Pieria Mountain / Mountain Bike
Transfer to the mountain by minivan to get our bicycles. The unique mountain environment, oaks, firs, pines, natural springs, small waterfalls are waiting for be explored by us. During our tour we have healthy snacks and juices. Through the landscapes and paths, we end to the traditional settlement of Elatochori for dinner and local wines.
Departure to Thessaloniki
Farewell breakfast and departure to Thessaloniki’s “Macedonia” (SKG) airport.
- The order of the days can be changed as the activities of this package depend directly on the weather conditions.
- After the fourth day of the program until the eighth day, you can attend only the sport that you are interesting in.
Main type of Experience:
Number of nights:
Type of accommodation:
- Green key awarded family
- Hotel Shelters
- Boutique Hotel
Guided or Self-guided tour:
Period / Dates:
Price of the package:
- For 4-8 adults the full package of 8 nights / 9 days the price is 1950 € per person
- For 9-15 adults the full package of 8 nights / 9 days the price is 1730 € per person
- All kind of transportation means
- 8 overnights with breakfast (at shelter in dormitories / at hotel in double room)
- Lunch / Snacks / lunch boxes as described
- 8 Dinners
- Thessaloniki Bike tour
- Tour guides the days it is written
- Guide for the Mountain
- Professional Mountain Leader
- Equipment for climbing
- Guide and Equipment for canyoning
- Mountain bikes
- Roadbook and maps
- All taxes
- Air tickets
- Extra meals
- Water sports
- Accommodationtaxperroom/pernight(aprox 1,50 to 4,00 €). According to the Greek Law, the Accommodation Tax be charged to the guest of the room through a special receipt.
Type of travelers:
Send us a message with your request
We will send you our best proposal.
- 30% prepayment of total paid amount is required for fixed-date programs at least 45 days before the program’s implementation.
- Cancellation 21 days before the implementation day, the company reserves 10% of the total payment amount
- Full payment is required before the program’s implementation.